Built in 1922 by Selma Schwartz as Schwartz & Schwartz General Merchandise, the business was operated by Selma's sons (Walter & Hugo) into the 1940s when it was sold. For other owners it served as the White Horse Cafe from the 1950s to the 1970s. The building also housed offices for the Burton Justice of the Peace from the 1970s into the 1990s. Rita, Inc.purchased the building in 2006 and began restoration for its use as offices for Market Realty and Rita's Antiques. After continued work on the building, it opened in the late 2000s as the White Horse Tavern and is still in use.