The Stigall Store was built by William Stigall in 1947. At the time of its building, Mr. Stigall had only been in the grocery business since 1936. Prior to this, he was a farmer. He operated the store until the 2000s. Much more than a store, the building served as a community center for San Gabriel and Mr. Stigall loved talking and visiting with everyone that entered. In 2013, Rita, Inc. purchased the building.